Why we make green games
Adventerra Games is the only company in the world with a catalog focused entirely on eco-educational games and puzzles. Why are we so dedicated to this?
It is because issues like climate change and plastic pollution are immense challenges. They can only be fixed if enough people have the knowledge and passion to find solutions.
We believe that games are a wonderful way to get families excited about taking care of the planet! Through play, kids can be gently introduced to environmental issues – and empowered to make a difference.
Getting children ready for future careers
Green professionals are already in demand in fields like construction, agriculture, and government. Even industries like banking, healthcare, and fashion want people who can make their products and operations more sustainable.
So, our priority has always been to provide quality environmental education. In fact, many of our games were originally designed for use in the classroom. Teachers love using them to practice problem-solving and STEM skills.
But they’re so fun that they’ve become popular with families too. Parents are thrilled to find games that teach empathy and cooperation, and kids have a blast trying to win!
Fun for all ages
Whether you have toddlers or teenagers, we have a great game for your family. Here are few of the topics you can explore together:
• With Saving Water, children ages 2+ match up jumbo puzzle pairs. On the red-edged pieces, adorable sea creatures show how water is wasted in everyday life, but on the green-edged pieces, they show ways to save water.
• In WaterGame, a cooperative game for ages 7+, kids learn the importance of conserving – and sharing – this precious resource.
• In PowerHaus, an exciting game for ages 7+, players choose appliances and renovations to make their home more efficient. The winner is the one who makes the best decisions for their pocketbook – and the planet!
• Hungry Bins is a fantastic way to introduce children ages 3+ to recycling and composting. In this classification game, children must find two of the same materials, then feed them into cute cartoon bins.
Making greener choices:
• Respect the Earth, designed for ages 2+, shows that even young children can be environmental champions. While building mini puzzles, kids learn that actions like composting, donating toys, or eating veggies can protect the earth.
• In Global Warning, for ages 10+, players learn about what causes climate change and how communities can fight it. As global temperatures rise in each round, players try to keep it cool by cleaning up pollution. They quickly realize that the earth will overheat unless they join forces and work together. Older kids, teens, and adults all love the challenge of this educational game!
Adventerra combines the words “adventure” and “terra,” the Latin name for earth. It reflects our mission: to create exciting games that help kids protect the planet! Check out our other educational eco games, and follow this blog for more parenting tips!